Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Move over chicken noodle


When I'm sick, like I have been this week (don't worry, I'm not contagious!), I turn to soup (and occasionally spill it all over my couch, as I noted in a recent post). But, chicken noodle might soon have some new competition, according to a new report.

Yes, expect some unusual flavors to cross your palate this year, according to trend watchers. For instance, how about a bowl of watermelon bisque? Or maybe pork belly stew? Oh, or surely you're in the mood for some piping hot rhubarb-blood-orange soup (actually, this kind of sounds good).

What unusual blend of soup have you been cooking up lately?

1 comment:

Suasoria said...

Raw soups in the Vitamix...like Moroccan gazpacho (with cinnamon, cumin, coriander, topped with raisins.) It sounds odd but it works.