Sunday, August 10, 2008

Glamour and crannbery pie--how's that for a combo?




Hi everyone!

OK, so it's been an unforgivably long time since my last post. Believe me, I've been thinking about this ol' blog a lot, and all my pals who I need to connect with.

Speaking of blogs, I want to tell you about some exciting news: I recently accepted a gig as a blogger for Glamour.com! While I'm currently doing some ramp-up work for my new blog, called Vitamin G (get it, "G" for Glamour? Cute, huh?), it won't launch until the end of the month. (I'll post the URL here, when it does.) The blog will focus on health and fitness topics. I've been writing about health for years, and I'm kind of obsessed with staying on top of all the latest news, research and trends in the wellness arena, so it's a great fit for me and I'm so excited for the opportunity. Stay tuned for details on the blog's launch!

Lot's of other things to catch you up on, and share, but right now I want to sign off with this (which will explain the cranberry photo, above): Anyone ever made a cranberry-sour-cream pie? I know, it sounds odd, right? Well, I saw it in a The Pike Place Market Cookbook recently, and I can't get it out of my head. I guess I'm craving fall foods already. (You should see the pumpkins coming up in my garden--sugar pie and Cindarella varieties. So fun!) Anywho, back to the pie: Does it sound good? Gross? So-so? Would you try it? Would Ina Garten--godess of all domesticity--make it? (Like fellow writer Melissa Walker, I, too, am ga-ga over Ina. BTW, she just released her third young adult novel, Violet in Private--check it out.)

I'm thinking of giving this pie a test run as soon as I can get my hands on some fresh cranberries at the market. And maybe, if I'm lucky, I can talk my chef friend Brian McCracken into sneaking me a bag or two from his family's farm--they own a cranberry bog (how cool is that?).

Hugs to all--will catch up more later.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

I think it sounds yummy! I love cranberries!

Melissa Walker said...

Cranberry bog? Is that what it's called? I love cranberries, and this sounds delish. Thanks for the book shoutout!

Suasoria said...

Sounds great and very seasonally appropriate. I'm craving fall clothes, why wouldn't you crave fall foods?

And if you find an extra sugar pie pumpkin, and feel like sending it to L.A., I promise to put it to good use!

Kat Spellman. The Spellman Company. Marketing and PR. said...

Sarah- I'll make sure and nab some McCracken berries for you and am asking Braiden how she likes the pie recipe too. Stay tuned, Kat (p.s. Have you been by Brian's new spot Spur yet? Here's the website we did for him with LTCreative www.spurseattle.com )