Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Days I really love my job

There are days when I think being a writer is the most difficult occupation -- the most frustrating, isolating, discouraging occupation -- on the planet. And, then there are days like today when I think, "actually, this is a pretty good gig."

I had good conversations today -- with sources, with editors, with publicists. Things sort of came together seamlessly. And then, this afternoon, one of my favorite editors called to inquire about something. I had been sent some samples of a new ice cream product to try -- something I am writing about for a project. She asked me if I'd tried it yet. I hadn't. So my pressing assignment for this afternoon was: taste the ice cream and get back to her about it. Yeah, I know, tough job, huh? So there I was, enjoying a bowl of ice cream (well, sorbet actually) at 3 p.m. It doesn't get much better than that.

1 comment:

Jonathan Kroner said...

Sarah,
Consider a post on how you manage to not eat ice cream when you work at home, writing (and occasionally frustrating task for some), and caring for a youngster who presumably requires you to make frequent trips to the refrigerator.
Thnaks
Jonathan Kroner