Tuesday, October 16, 2007

How about some spinach with those brownies?

Hi all. So, I have Seinfeld fever this week. And who doesn't? Jessica and Jerry Seinfeld are EVERYWHERE. There's Jessica's new book, Deceptively Delicious, which I have to admit, I'm kind of obsessed with right now. Her recipe for Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies is already legendary and the book has only been in print for a week (may all of your books be an ounce as successful!). And then there's Jerry's new flick, Bee Movie. Talk about a power couple.

The book is on back order, so I haven't gotten a copy. Have any of you checked it out yet? What do you think?

If you're salivating for brownies made with spinach puree (I know, I was skeptical too, but apparently Jerry calls these "Death Row Brownies" -- as in, the kind of brownies you'd want to eat at your last meal. I guess they're that good) you can find the recipe here.

2 comments:

Karen Downing said...

Deceptively Delicious has inspired me to get creative with my kids everyday foods. I love trying Jessica's new recipes, but I think it's been more fun to add the veggie purees to my old favorites.

'Just Me' said...

My children are teens and pretty set in their ways with eating. My sister-in-law introduced me to this book. She has started using some of the recipes for my nephew, who is 2. I have sampled her banana bread (with cauliflower puree). It is delicious. She has made many other recipes, from the book, and even my brother says they are a hit.

I plan on using some of the recipes for my own family:-) Then will experiment with the purees in my fave recipes.