Thursday, February 14, 2008

A flower primer for men

Happy Valentine's Day! My husband surprised me with a gorgeous vase of pink roses this morning, which sent Carson into tears. Roses are a little scary, I guess. 

Anyway, today, I have a message for men: Buying  your gal roses today? Let me pass on a few friendly tips:

*Skip the baby's breath. Really, tell the gal at the floral counter no. 
*Step away from the carnations. That's all that needs to be said.
*A nice, compact round bunch is lovely (think of a wedding bouquet, in a vase).
*Go with one color (i.e., a bunch of orange roses, or a bunch of pink tulips, rather than a mixture of the two).
 

3 comments:

Melissa Walker said...

good tips! i got carnations last night, and when i raised my eyebrows, dave said, "but the roses looked wilty." cute.

Sarah said...

Hah! That's adorable. : )

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more. I actually think it's time for a floral industry boycott of baby's breath. Is there really ANY good use for them?